Social Mission Canada is a company with a mind of a for-profit and a heart of a non-profit.
With over 35 years of leadership experience in non-profit and for-profit sectors, 12 years in association and non-profit organizations, and 25 years in national and international corporate M&A environments, Suzi helps non-profits and social enterprises balance the return on social and the return on capital to help organizations increase their social impact and carry out their mission for our communities well into the future.
Suzi is an award winning marketing strategist with sharp financial acumen. From growing the Canadian market from ground up for global corporations, to spearheading the product strategy and market research units during the unification of the 3 Canadian accounting designations, transforming a member-based association into a financial sustainable business model to reshaping non-profit legacy company culture into innovative changemakers, she is a hands-on, result driven business driver whose entrepreneurial instincts and clarity of vision have carried non-profit and for-profit organizations alike through continuous growth while delivering exceptional stakeholder and social value.
Suzi is an advocate of integrated and collaborative approach to solving systemic issues and well respected for building open-minded teams with a high degree of trust who respectfully challenge each other's opinions to embrace new ones that will enhance positive results.
Suzi’s unique attribute is her contagious enthusiasm that acts as a catalyst to her stakeholders with extraordinary energy and dedication to drive creativity and innovation that deliver results. She skillfully develops a vision and spearheads stakeholders to deliver on the opportunities for growth, transformation and continuous improvement.
Her raison d'être is to make an impact that matters for her community. Her mission is to enable organizations with a purpose to operate at their optimal potential by developing sustainable practices so that they continue to solve community problems and make a positive impact.
Social Mission Canada is a Vancouver based woman-owned, small company with big aspirations.
"Suzi is a consummate executive who can come up with a vision, develop strategies to support that vision, marshal her team and utilize her sphere of influence to make things happen. It has been a delight to work with Suzi for the last 3 years and see her successfully inject her “for profit” zeal into a “non-profit” entity." Michael Radano, Executive Director
• During the unification of the three Canadian accounting designations, Suzi spearheaded the product strategy and market research unit within a member-based, nonprofit association, member services business unit, to guide evidence based decision making in product, marketing and sales strategies resulting in robust, timely and relevant professional development product portfolio for 250K association members.
• Transformed a member-based, nonprofit association, member services business unit, into a financially sustainable business model increasing profit to $1 million to re-invest towards enhanced and expanded member services while increasing value to 90K association members and the business community.
• Transformed legacy company culture into a forward thinking, innovative organization to expand and grow into new markets while optimizing $9 million budget, reducing costs over 30%, leading RFP processes to deliver another 1.5 million in savings, while reorganizing creative production workflow to increase efficiency, reducing error rates by 50%.
• Transformed nonprofit teams within a union environment, to a fully united, innovative, proactive, project management driven production powerhouse, increasing engagement and agility while increasing efficiencies and reducing costs to successfully deliver 140 projects in up to 13 different languages in print, web and multimedia platforms. This resulted in successfully delivering timely and relevant free legal resources to support BC community’s legal needs with timely and relevant legal resources for family, children, criminal and immigration laws and policies.
• As part of the start-up Canadian executive team for a global corporation, built the Canadian market ground up from zero sales to $600 million within 5 years through mergers & acquisitions and multi-tier marketing and product strategies while negotiating and optimizing $250 million in annual budget with multinational vendors.